2. DMG Property is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Collection of information
3. We consider some information provided to us by clients, contractors and other third parties might be private or personal. Without these details, we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. Such functions include:
3.1 providing clients with the products and services that they request;
3.2 providing relevant information to contractors to assist DMG Property to provide the products and services that the client requests;
3.3 complying with any legal obligations, including dealing with local authorities; and
3.4 maintaining DMG Property’s client relationships.
4. DMG Property collects personal information including, but not limited to, name, address, date of birth, gender, marital status, occupation, contact details and limited financial information.
5. In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by DMG Property:
5.1 If you contact DMG Property, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
5.2 When you submit your e-mail address to our website mailing list;
6. At or before the time the personal information is collected by us we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
7. We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (e.g. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you, technical maintenance, and industry award submissions.
We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where it would reasonably be expected by you that we would use the information in such a way. We only disclose this information to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
8. In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
8.1 Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
8.2 Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
8.3 Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
8.4 Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
8.5 Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
9. DMG Property may provide personal information to its solicitors, and to any related company entities.
10. Our website may contain links to other websites and those third party websites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of websites that are linked to our website. DMG Property encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. If visitors do not want those companies to collect information about them, they should contact these companies directly.
Security and storage
11. DMG Property places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
12. We de-identify or destroy personal information securely when no longer required by us.
13. DMG Property retains the information you provide to us including possibly your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. We hold this information on secure servers in controlled facilities.
14. We only allow access to information stored within our computer systems by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
15. We cannot guarantee data transmission over the Internet to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users’ personal information, DMG Property cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once DMG Property receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
16. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Access to and correction of personal information
17. DMG Property is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and website users.
18. You may request access to your personal information held by DMG Property by making written request to DMG Property.
19. So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information.
20. We will correct inaccurate information upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information, we will only pass on the details to you if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
21. If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
23. We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy legislation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure, then you may request that an independent person (usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
Transfer of information overseas
24. Pursuant to the Australian Privacy Principles, we may transfer personal information we have collected about you to overseas recipients.
Cookies & Automatic Collection of Anonymous Data
25. DMG Property collects information from the site using “IP files”.
26. When you visit the DMG Property site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. We will only use this information for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our website. We cannot identify you from this information and we only use it to assist us in providing an effective service on our website.
27. DMG Property uses pixel tags and other methods to gather information about the emails it sends to registered website visitors and recipients of emails sent by DMG Property’s website visitors to others. Pixel tags are tiny graphic files that are included in HTML-encoded email messages. When a recipient opens such a message in an HTML-capable email program, the recipient’s computer will access DMG Property’s servers to retrieve the pixel tag file. This allows DMG Property to record and store information such as an email address, date and time the recipient viewed the email message if the recipient’s email program is capable of receiving HTML and other logging information. DMG Property uses this information to optimise delivery of future messages to specific recipients and to provide information to registered users with respect to emails they send through the DMG Property system.
Unsolicited personal information
28. In the event that DMG Property received unsolicited personal information, DMG Property will as soon as practicable, but only if it is lawful and reasonable to do so, destroy the information or ensure the information is de-identified.
Level 4, 190 St Georges Tce
Perth WA 6000
T: (08) 6211 0500
32. Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the Australian Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/
Unsubscribe Email Address
You can unsubscribe from digital communications (e.g. email) by simply following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication.
The information and images contained on this website including any downloadable material are protected by copyright. Except for any fair dealing for purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted by the Copyright Act, no part of the information and images here should be reproduced or reused either wholly or in part, in any form with the written consent of and without the due acknowledgement to the copyright holder.
The content of this website is for information purposes only. Every effort has been made for accuracy and completeness of such information. We do not guarantee and accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions in this website. It is the responsibility of users of the website to make their own decision about the accuracy, reliability and correctness of information contained on this website and relevant social media sites.